Malaysia National Heritage
In conjunction with the country's 50th Merdeka Celebration, 50 things have been chosen as a national heritage that all the peoples of Malaysia should be aware. The 50 things consists of 18 buildings, 20 objects and 12 cultural practices. The buildings listed include the Parliament House, Sultan Abdul Samad Building and the National Mosque.
The objects include the national flag, the hibiscus flower and The Royal Long Keris. The cultural practices include the lion dance, the Malay Joget and Ngajat.
These national heritage were chosen by the Ministry of Culture, Arts and Heritage of Malaysia. With this, Malaysia now joins countries such as Britain, USA, Germany, France and Australia in having legislation to protect their heritage.
The fifty are:
- 1. Parliament House - Members of Parliament who were elected by the people meet here.
- 2. Istana Negara - The National Palace
- 3. Flagpost - The Flagpost at Dataran Merdeka where the Malaya flag was raised for the first time.
- 4. Sultan Abdul Samad Building- The Moorish architecture historical building built in 1897.
- 5. City Hall building and City Hall Theatre
- 6. Kuala Lumpur train station building - The Moorish architecture building.
- 7. Keretapi Tanah Melayu headquarters building - The Moorish architecture building built in 1910.
- 8. General post Office building, Jalan Raja, Kuala Lumpur
- 9. Public Works Department building, Jalan Hishamuddin, Kuala Lumpur
- 10. Residency building, Jalan Dato' Onn
- 11. National Mosque
- 12. Carcosa Sri Negara
- 13. Batu Caves
- 14. St George's Church Penang
- 15. Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall building, Kuala Lumpur
- 16. The National Monument- Built to remember soldiers who gave their lives in defending the country.
- 17. Kinabalu National Park, Sabah- The park at the foothill of Mount Kinalabu, the highest mountain in South East Asia.
- 18. Mulu National Park, Sarawak- A world heritage site with world's largest cave chamber.
- 19. Jalur Gemilang- The National Flag of Malaysia
- 20. National Emblem
- 21. Royal Regalia
- 22. The Royal Long Keris
- 23. Royal Head-dress
- 24. Royal Tiara
- 25. Royal Waist Buckle
- 26. Royal Short Keris
- 27. Royal Necklace
- 28. Sceptre of Religion
- 29. Sceptre of the World
- 30. Maces
- 31. Dewan Rakyat mace
- 32. Dewan Negara mace
- 33. Hibiscus flower
- 34. Sejarah Melayu manuscript
- 35. Malacca Penal Code
- 36. Hikayat Hang Tuah manuscript
- 37. The Merdeka Proclamation letter
- 38. Perak Man
- 39. National Anthem
- 40. Mak Yong
- 41. Wayang Kulit
- 42. Bangsawan
- 43. Malay Joget
- 44. Dondang Sayang
- 45. Malay Silat
- 46. Ngajat
- 47. Sumazau
- 48. Sewang
- 49. Malaysia Open House
- 50. Lion dance on poles
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave us a comment in the box below.